Wednesday 20 August 2008

First Night in Italy

My first night in Italy was spent at the Camping Della Serenissima campground/hostel in a small province of Venice, Italy. After taking the Bus from the airport to Maestre, I took another to this camp site. It was pretty easy and I found my way around quickly. Here in Italy, you cannot buy your ticket on the bus. You have to get it at a tabbacheria (smoke shop) or a bar (cafe/bar). Then you validate your ticket when you get on the bus at a little kiosk behind the driver. No one checks these tickets but if the bus authorities get on to check tickets, you can be fined.


A view from my walk. The bathrooms were right near this. They were huge and clean with seperate sink stalls, showers, etc.


One of the bungalows like mine. Outside of which I got eaten alive by mosquitoes and then had to sleep covered in toothpaste (to stop the itching), but I got to sleep for 13 hours! Best way to fix a Jet Lag situation.


My private room. 6 x 5 yards. Cot bed was a little saggy but didn't make my back hurt. Left out a half eaten trail mix bar and the ants got to it. But I think it distracted them from my expensive chocolate bar and salami, so that was good.

I used the modem connection they had at the bar to let my family know that I had arrived safely because the calling card totally didn't work. Even the Italian receptionist girl couldn't figure it out. All in all was a good stay. Caught the bus from 300 meters away straight to Padova and then took a cab for 5 euro to our dorms.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: